Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Such a Character!

My absolute favorite part of writing is creating characters. Every story or novel idea of mine starts with the main character. I build the character's world, and then the events begin to form. Everything stems from the main character's thoughts and actions, which often makes me feel more like an actor than a writer. Maybe that's why I tend to write in the first-person POV.

So, talk to me. When you read, what part of the story is the most important to you? The characters? The plot? The setting? When you write, what is the most enjoyable part?

1 comment:

  1. The characters always come first, then usually the setting, which means that I'm scrambling to find the plot, which means that many characters never make it onto the page. :(

    What is the most enjoyable part? Revising the first draft.

    ReplyDelete